The principle conditions of issuance of the residence permits to British nationals and their family members are as follows:-
1. A transition period of 12 months - UK nationals and family members continuing their stay and professional activities beyond the Brexit date may do so for a maximum period of 12 months after the Brexit date. During this transition period they do not need to be in possession of a residence permit.
2. Residence permit application to be requested within 6 months following the Brexit - The UK nationals who wish to remain in France beyond this transition period will have 6 months after the Brexit date to apply for one of the appropriate residence permits.
3. The decree details the documents that UK nationals and their family members will provide in support of their application according to the appropriate residence permit they are eligible to.
4. The amount of the tax due for the issuance of a residence permit is reduced to 100 euros for British nationals and their family members instead of 269 euros applicable to third country nationals.
Full details can be viewed by clicking the link below and choosing News/Newsletters/ Client alert, 4 April 2019. Here you can also find the Client alert, 13 February 2019, which provides additional details of Ordonnance n° 2019-76 of 6 February 2019 outlining various measures relating to entry, stay, social rights and professional activity.
The last provisions of the law of 10 September 2018 on residence and integration entered into force on 1 March 2019.
These provisions include:-
1. Measures concerning ICT seconded employees and ICT trainees ( intra-group mobility)
2. Transposition of the EU 2016/801 Student/Researcher Directive, adopted on 11 May 2016
3. Creation of a multi-year residence permit entitled “mobility program” for students and researchers
4. Enlargement and security of residence cards “ Passport Talent”
5. Provisions relating to family immigration
6. Extension of rights of a four year residence permit
Full details can be viewed by clicking the link below and choosing News/Newsletters/ Client alert, 18 March 2019.